As per Scouts Victoria communications 7 Dec 2020 & 23 Jan 2021.
Campsites can open and be used for the following:
- Outdoor activities can now be in groups of up to 100, larger numbers if split into groups of 100
- Accommodation can now be for groups of 30. This is includes Scout members sleeping in groups of 30 in tents, cabins or bunkhouses etc.
- Face masks generally don’t need to be worn apart from when carpooling
- Eating areas, training rooms and other communal areas can now accommodate 1 person per 2m2 as we have QR codes – see below (doesn’t apply to school or Scout groups)
- Multiple school camp bookings can be onsite at the same time – they do not need to be limited to 100 people
All above users of campsites must:
- Communal toilets, showers and cooking facilities may be shared if they are cleaned at least twice per day, unless the campsite is in a very remote area
- Ensure that there is regular cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces in shared areas
- Record name and phone number of all attendees and date/time of arrival and departure
- Where food is served at a campsite, it needs to follow hospitality industry guidelines for the serving of food and drink.
- While in use, campsite must be cleaned at least twice a day.
- Soiled surfaces and spills should be cleaned with water and detergent – this can be in the form of a detergent solution or wipes.
- Frequently touched surfaces should be disinfected with either a disinfectant spray (e.g. bleach cleaner or Glen 20, etc) or disinfectant wipes. 2-in-1 wipes (cleaner and disinfectant) can also be used if it states that it is effective against viruses.
- Equipment used in activities should be cleaned between use and not shared during the activity.
- Any kitchen utensils used should be thoroughly washed in a normal manner (either by hand or in a dishwasher).
- Fabric material (tea towels, clothes, etc) that can’t be wiped with bleach should be washed as normal in a washing machine etc.
Room capacities – 1 person per 2sqm
- 1st Aid room – 4
- Dining / Lounge – 47
- Kitchen – 20
- Rec Hall – 51
- Warnock Lodge – 33