As per Scouts Victoria communications 9 Aug 2021.
Campsites can open and be used for the following:
Campsites in Regional Victoria can open. Obviously people from Metropolitan Melbourne cannot attend unless it is an authorised worker.
- Campsites can accept Scout activities up to 300 participants
- Camping under canvas in groups of up to 50 in single person tents, each group of 50 to be ~5m from other groups
- Other bona fide community groups can follow Scout rules (no social functions)
- Only members of the same household can share rooms, etc
- Maintenance and working bees etc can resume
- QR Code check-in for day visitors and indoor communal areas who are not booked into accommodation
- Private bookings limited to one household only.
- Communal areas subject to 1 person per 4sqm and cleaning twice a day
- School camps can resume
All above users of campsites must:
- Communal toilets, showers and cooking facilities may be shared if they are cleaned at least twice per day
- Ensure that there is regular cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces in shared areas
- Record name and phone number of all attendees and date/time of arrival and departure
- Where food is served at a campsite, it needs to follow hospitality industry guidelines for the serving of food and drink.
- While in use, campsite must be cleaned at least twice a day.
- Soiled surfaces and spills should be cleaned with water and detergent – this can be in the form of a detergent solution or wipes.
- Frequently touched surfaces should be disinfected with either a disinfectant spray (e.g. bleach cleaner or Glen 20, etc) or disinfectant wipes. 2-in-1 wipes (cleaner and disinfectant) can also be used if it states that it is effective against viruses.
- Equipment used in activities should be cleaned between use and not shared during the activity.
- Any kitchen utensils used should be thoroughly washed in a normal manner (either by hand or in a dishwasher).
- Fabric material (tea towels, clothes, etc) that can’t be wiped with bleach should be washed as normal in a washing machine etc.
Room capacities – 1 person per 4sqm
- 1st Aid room – 2
- Dining / Lounge – 24
- Kitchen – 10
- Rec Hall – 25
- Warnock Lodge – 16
Room capacities – 1 person per 2sqm
- 1st Aid room – 4
- Dining / Lounge – 47
- Kitchen – 20
- Rec Hall – 51
- Warnock Lodge – 33