Volunteer Part Time, Resident Camp Ranger
Looking for a tree-change in the Macedon Ranges. Here is your chance!!
Rowallan Scout Camp and Rowallan Guide Camp are seeking to appoint a volunteer Camp Ranger (single or couple).
This is a multi-year appointment.
The Campsites are a part of Scouts Victoria and Girl Guides Victoria and are located about 1hr North West of Melbourne Victoria in the Macedon Ranges near the beautiful township of Riddells Creek.
The role involves, but is not limited to;
- provide general presence;
- prepare and facilitate all uses of the Campsites;
- greet and orientate arrivals;
- support campers during use;
- complete or facilitate essential maintenance of facilities and equipment;
- reporting of head counts to the booking office;
- maintain the general cleanliness of the camping area;
You should be;
- capable with a chainsaw;
- able to drive a tractor for slashing etc.;
- able to drive the Camp Ute with manual transmission;
- be available to work varied hours/days as business dictates;
most Friday/weekends and some weekdays required.
Due to the ongoing on-site presence required to deliver the responsibilities and duties in the role, occupancy within the on-site 3-bedroom residence with office, is made available to the volunteers undertaking the role in line with the Occupancy Agreement.
The Occupancy Agreement includes Internet, water, and wood for the heater.
A background in Scouting or Guiding is not essential. Membership of Scouts Victoria will be required including WWCC; permission to have a Police Check done; and completion of mandatory online training for OHS and Child Safe.
For further information about the Campsites;
- Rowallan Scout Camp: rowallan.org.au Facebook
- Rowallan Guide Camp: rowallanguidecamp.org.au
For more information about the role please see our volunteer ranger page.
Applications close 10th February 2023