Volunteer Ranger position
Check out our post for a new Ranger
WE ARE OPEN !!
Please review this post to see what the current advice is.
For Forest Camp:
- There are no space constraints being outdoors; other than the Victorian Government advice regarding outdoors gatherings.
For HeadQuarters Camp:
- Our dormitory accommodation has been split up so all bedrooms are less than 30 beds. There is no area quotient restriction on sleeping areas. You must not move between bedrooms and use the same bunk for the duration of your camp.
- We can have full capacity with the following restrictions. Note that any of these restrictions can be accommodated by using other indoor spaces as an overflow or moving outside. For example; dining in the Rec Hall or outside.
- We have QR codes for our venues, so we can utilise the 2m2 rule for indoor spaces.
- Our dining room can contain 47 people. That does not include kitchen staff as they are not eating in the dining room at the same time.
- Our Recreation Hall can contain 51 people, and we have trestle tables and chairs, so additional dining can occur there.
- Our kitchen can contain 20 people.
- We have pump pack sanitiser at each door.
WE ARE OPEN !! Book here
Rowallan Recreation & Adventure Camp comprises 74 hectares (183 acres) of natural bushland.
Rowallan is located adjacent to the Mt. Charlie State Forest at the North East end of the Macedon Ranges, approximately 1 hour North West of Melbourne or 30 minutes from Tullamarine Airport.
The property is home to an abundance of native flora and fauna.
Indoor accommodation (HQ Camp) & Outdoor camping (Forest Camp) for a wide variety of interest groups is available. The camp is ideal for School camps, Scouting, Guiding, church, music & drama groups. Rowallan is also an ideal location for seminars and conferences. We have many birthday parties, re-unions and even weddings.
Please take a look at our gallery, there are photos of the campsite there, or call the Ranger to come and visit.
Rowallan is a member of the Australian Camps Association (ACA).
We are fully accredited with Quality Tourism Framework (QTF). since 2000.
The accreditation body has evolved of the years, initially with Camping Association Victoria (CAV), then Australian Camps Association (ACA), then Australian Tourism Accreditation Program (ATAP), and Australian Tourism Industry Council’s Quality Tourism Framework (QTF).