Looking for a change in pace. We are looking for a Camp Ranger.
WE ARE OPEN !!
Please review this post to see what the current advice is.
We are effectively only open to regional Victorians as the Metro Victorians can’t travel to camp.
For Forest Camp:
- The outdoor space constraints are as per the Victorian Government advice regarding outdoor gatherings.
- Sleeping in tents currently has a 1 person per tent limitation.
- Other tents need to be 2 sided to be considered outdoors.
For HeadQuarters Camp:
- We can have one family per bedroom. There are 8 rooms, ranging in size from 2 beds to 16 beds. If you have a group of families that fit into the above constraint, then we can accommodate you.
- Any use of indoor spaces is currently limited to the 1 per 4sqm rule (see link above), but can be overcome by using the hall as an additional dining room, or using spaces outdoors.
WE ARE OPEN !! Book here
Rowallan Recreation & Adventure Camp comprises 74 hectares (183 acres) of natural bushland.
Rowallan is located adjacent to the Mt. Charlie State Forest at the North East end of the Macedon Ranges, approximately 1 hour North West of Melbourne or 30 minutes from Tullamarine Airport.
The property is home to an abundance of native flora and fauna.
Indoor accommodation (HQ Camp) & Outdoor camping (Forest Camp) for a wide variety of interest groups is available. The camp is ideal for School camps, Scouting, Guiding, church, music & drama groups. Rowallan is also an ideal location for seminars and conferences. We have many birthday parties, re-unions and even weddings.
Please take a look at our gallery, there are photos of the campsite there, or call the Ranger to come and visit.
Rowallan is a member of the Australian Camps Association (ACA).
We are fully accredited with Quality Tourism Framework (QTF). since 2000.
The accreditation body has evolved of the years, initially with Camping Association Victoria (CAV), then Australian Camps Association (ACA), then Australian Tourism Accreditation Program (ATAP), and Australian Tourism Industry Council’s Quality Tourism Framework (QTF).